Home Share Picture & Design Brochure Design How I designed the catalog for Syd Labs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gaoping Xiao 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Gaoping Xiao
    Participant

Just before I went to attend the annual tradeshow of AACR (American Association of Cancer Research) in March 2012, I decided to design and print our first product and service catalog. I found one designer through my relatives in Wuhan. I asked him to design the cover page first. Then I went to the crowdsourcing website in China, zhubajie.com, to ask designers to bid for designing the cover page because I wanted to see if I could find a design cheaper and/or better. I offered a 40% lower price. Out of about 20 submitted designs, only one was somehow close to the quality of the first design from Wuhan. I was really disappointed with the designs from zhubajie.com. Then I asked zhubajie.com to refund me because I did not want to take any of them. But they refused to do so and pushed me to choose one. It was really a bad experience. The sole harvest from the bidding was that I knew the designer. From the experience, I knew that I could do better than zhubajie.com in providing a platform for both designers and clients. Now sympros.com does it.

Finally, I asked the designer in Wuhan to finish the catalog designing.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.